ECM Partners represent an area of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) and specialize in connecting their expertise to academic content.
They do this through our in-school ECM Experiences, during which the classroom teacher and ECM Partner work together to design highly engaging STEAM-based (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) learning experiences for students. The Partners visit the school for several days (five days is the average) and lead students through the learning activities with the participation and support of the classroom teacher.
- ECM Drama Partners bring a wide variety of topics (including Social Studies units, Science concepts, etc.) to life through drama, games and skits.
- ECM Visual Arts Partners design art projects that help students build their understanding of academic concepts.
- ECM Dance Partners guide students through the process of choreographing movements that represent key concepts and ideas (such as a dance that represents the water cycle).
- ECM STEM Partners use Lego bricks to integrate academic concepts with Engineering and Design.
- Another ECM STEM Partner teaches students major science concepts, such as Newton’s laws of force and motion, through the Circus Arts.
We also have some Partners who don’t fall under one specific STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) area but cross several, such as Dave Smith of Corpus Callosum who teaches kids about entrepreneurship in the context of what they are learning. For example, last year he worked with students to create magnetic “science toys” that were then marketed and sold to the rest of the school.
Other opportunities for ECM’s Partners include end-of-the-year school festival events, outreach events in the community and teaching in our annual Summer STEAM Institute (science, technology, engineering, arts and math).
The common ground shared by all of our ECM Partners is a passion for teaching and a focus on high levels of student engagement in thinking, making, creating, imagining and designing! Our Partners make learning fun!
To see our current roster of ECM Partners, visit the Choose ECM Partners page.
For application information, please visit the Apply page.
ECM Partner Application
Want to find out more about what it means to be an ECM Partner?
Join us for an ECM Informational Meeting! Contact Susan Antonelli to sign-up today.
POWER-ON YOUR IMAGINATION AT THE SUMMER STEAM INSTITUTE!
YOUR CONTRIBUTION MAKES A DIRECT IMPACT